EIG’s Shark® 250 Meter Meets ANSI C12.20 0.1 CL
Westbury, NY (Monday, July 20, 2020) – Electro Industries/GaugeTech (EIG) announces that its Shark® 250 power and energy meter has been third party tested to the ANSI C12.20 0.1 Accuracy Class standard, the highest accuracy standard for revenue meters. The 0.1 Accuracy Class was introduced by ANSI in 2017 as a revision to the ANSI C12.20-2015 standard meant to address regulatory and technical changes in the electrical industry for critical metering applications.
In addition to higher accuracy, tests were added requiring meters to conform to additional accuracy standards for non-sinusoidal waveforms, to ensure accuracy in the presence of harmonics. Using 0.1 Accuracy Class meters assures compliance for large load customer metering, power generation, and distributed energy.
The Shark® 250 power and energy meter is a panel meter suitable for utility and critical industrial substations. Additional features include:
- Enhanced Cyber secured encrypted configuration that prevents tampering and hacking of your power system data.
- Multiport communication – standard RS485 and USB ports and optional Ethernet and serial ports.
- Real time SCADA communication capability: Modbus RTU and TCP/IP, Level 2 DNP3, and IEC 61850 Protocol.
- Extensive upgradable I/O for control and pulse counting applications.
- Up to 128 MB of memory for storage and data trending/up to 512 samples/cycle waveform recording for power quality analysis.
- Standard revenue features, including perpetual Time of Use, Transformer/Line Loss Compensation, and Test Mode/Energy Presets.
For additional information on the Shark® 250 meter, visit its webpage: