EIG’s Shark® 270 Revenue Meter Certified to ANSI C12.20 0.1% Class
Westbury, NY (Tuesday, April 23, 2019) – Electro Industries/GaugeTech (EIG) announces that its Shark® 270 revenue meter has been certified to the ANSI C12.20 0.1% Class accuracy standard, the highest accuracy standard for revenue meters. 0.1% Class accuracy was introduced by ANSI in 2017 as a revision to the ANSI C12.20-2015 standard meant to address regulatory and technical changes in the electrical industry for critical metering applications.
In addition to higher accuracy, tests were added requiring meters to conform to additional accuracy standards for non-sinusoidal waveforms, to insure accuracy in the presence of harmonics. Using 0.1% Class certified meters assures compliance for large load customer metering, power generation, and distributed energy.
The Shark® 270 revenue meter is available in both socket and switchboard form. Additional features include:
- Enhanced Cyber secured encrypted configuration that prevents tampering and hacking of your power system data.
- Multiport communication – standard RS485 and ANSI Type 2 optical ports and optional Ethernet and serial ports.
- New 4G LTE underglass cellular modem card for collecting meter data and meter programming.
- Level 2 DNP3 and IEC 61850 Protocol support as well as Modbus RTU/ASCII/TCP.
- Extensive upgradable I/O for control and pulse counting applications.
- Up to 128 MB of memory for storage and data trending/up to 512 samples/cycle waveform recording for power quality analysis.
- Customizable display screen.
For additional information on the Shark® 270 meter, visit its webpage: