PROTOCOM-KT – BACNET GATEWAY
ProtoCom Protocol Gateway
BACnet Converter/Gateway with power supply and 3ft communication cable
The ProtoCom is a one-stop solution to building automation. It allows any integrator to easily provide power metering data to any building automation system (BAS) that uses BACnet or LonWorks protocols. Using this converter, a user can easily convert power metering data from Electro Industries (EIG)’s native Modbus protocol to the desired format quickly and easily without complex integration.
The converter communicates with host meters using RS485 Modbus protocol and provides the output via BACnet MS/TP or BACnet /IP. The LonWorks version will provide the output via a LonWorks interface. All configuration files for all supported EIG meters have been pre-loaded and pretested.
In addition to BACnet, the ProtoCom converter also supports Johnson Controls’ Metasys N2 , Allen-Bradley EtherNet/IP, and Allen-Bradley DF1 protocols. With the ProtoCom or ProtoCom-Lon your Shark and Nexus meter data is available directly to the most widely used BAS protocols worldwide.
- Plug and Play – Connects to Meter’s RS485 Port with Almost No User Configuration
- Auto-discovery – Detects the Connected Meter and Maps Appropriate BACnet or LonWorks Points Automatically
- Enables BACnet MS/TP, BACnet/IP, LonWorks, and other Popular Building Management Systems
- Perfect Add-on – for Any Building Management Solution
- Retrofits to Existing Meters, Saving Installation Time and Money