Energy Management & Power Quality MonitoringBlogTips5 Low-Cost Energy-Efficient Upgrades for Your Business
May 11, 2017
5 Low-Cost Energy-Efficient Upgrades for Your Business
Looking to make your business more energy-efficient? Spend a little now and save a lot later by investing in these five low-cost upgrades.
- Programmable Thermostats: Purchasing a programmable thermostat is one of the easiest ways to cut power costs related to heating and cooling your property. You’ll be able to schedule your HVAC system to automatically turn on during business hours, and off during evening hours and weekends. Once it’s initially programmed, there will be no need to manually fuss with it afterwards. One of our favorites is the Nest Learning Thermostat — it’s compatible with Amazon Alexa and learns your temperature habits in about a week. You can also adjust the temperature from your smartphone or tablet.
- Upgrade Your Doors and Windows: Another way to make your building cheaper to heat and cool is by updating the weather stripping and caulking around your doors and windows to prevent unwanted air loss. This is much more cost-effective than purchasing brand new windows and doors!
- Ceiling Fans:A ceiling fan is a great way to supplement your cooling system. They circulate the air, making warm rooms feel cooler, and only cost pennies per day to operate. So instead of running your A/C on 68 degrees all day, set it to 71 degrees and run a fan on low to keep your employees comfortable for less.
- Low Energy Lighting:Add skylights and windows wherever possible to increase natural light and decrease your dependence on electricity. Another trick when it comes to reducing energy consumption is to replace older light fixtures with modern energy efficient models and switch to LED or CFL lightbulbs.
- Energy Management System:Utilizing an energy management system can help you reduce power consumption and energy waste, lower operating costs, and lessen your impact on the environment. Click here to browse through our selection of power monitoring products.
Interested in learning howElectro Industriespower monitoring equipment can help your business save energy, money, and the environment?Contact ustoday at 866-928-7908.