Energy Management & Power Quality MonitoringBlogUncategorized6 Ways to Cut Down On Energy Consumption in Your Factory
June 6, 2017
6 Ways to Cut Down On Energy Consumption in Your Factory
With the cost of energy so high, factory owners are always searching for ways to reduce their consumption. That’s why Electro Industries is here with six tactics to help you reduce the carbon footprint of your factory.
- Upgrade to Energy Efficient Equipment: Do you have a kitchen or office within your factory? Upgrading your appliances and other equipment with modern energy efficient replacements will slash your power bills.
- Go Paperless: Think before you print! Between all of the different cloud storage options out there, you can easily share important documents and information with your workers online. This not only reduces your impact on the environment but will also cut back on energy consumption.
- Beef Up Insulation:Heating and cooling your factory can cost a pretty penny — especially if you’re located in an extreme climate. Rather than spending an arm and a leg to constantly run your HVAC system, invest in better insulation for your building. This will stop air conditioning from escaping in the summer and heat from escaping in the winter.
- Utilize Natural Light:Why not use the power of the sun? Installing artificial light is expensive, unhealthy, and bad for the environment. By installing ample windows and skylights in your factory, you can utilize natural light all year round.
- Unplug: Switch off AND unplug computers and factory equipment in the evenings and on weekends. Many devices draw power from outlets even if they are turned off.
- Install a Power Monitoring System: One of the easiest ways to identify energy inefficiencies is to install an energy management system. Our power meters and submeters will provide real-time data about how much energy your factory is using. This can help you cut energy consumption up to 20 percent.
When factories all over the world need to cut down on their energy costs, they depend on Electro Industries. With over 40 years in the energy management industry and a full line of products to accommodate the needs of any business, it’s easy to see why we’re a worldwide leader in digital power monitoring. Contact us today at 866-928-7908 to speak with one of our associates.