This rugged device reliably solves a host of communication problems. It converts two- or four-wire RS485 to RS232 (and back again), and an optional module converts either of these formats into fiber optic, bidirectionally. The Unicom 2500 communication interface converter communicates at a rate of up to 115 kilo baud and it even increases the throughput of two-wire RS485 mode. Its opto-isolation protects your valuable equipment and buses from destructive spikes and surges of up to 2500 volts. The Unicom 2500 also has a DTE/DCE switch that eliminates the need for a null-modem.
- All RS485 or RS232 speaking devices can be converted to fiber optic.
- An additional Unicom 2500 converts the fiber optic back to RS232 or RS485.
- RS485 to RS232 (bidirectional).
- RS485 or RS232 to fiber optic (bidirectional).
- Up to 115k baud.
- Fiber Optic to RS232 or RS485 (bidirectional).