Nexus® 1450 Cyber Secure Power Quality Meter with Multiport Communication
Electro Industries’ Nexus® 1450 meter is a powerful power quality meter that provides accurate electrical energy measurements. It offers advanced capabilities for power quality analysis and determining electrical power reliability. The meter is a transducer base with a separate display. The transducer base retrofits to existing Electro Industries’ Nexus® 1250 and 1252 meters. The Nexus® 1450 power quality meter is ideal for existing switchboard panels since it can be installed without cutting panel doors. The separate display mounts into existing analog meter knockouts.
Multi-Gain™ Sensing Provides Superior Accuracy
EIG’s Latest Measurement Sensing Technology
- Patented technology provides 0.06% energy accuracy throughout extended measurement range, from start up to full scale.
- Multi-Gain™ technology uses two sensors on the current inputs to determine the optimal sensing circuit for the highest accuracy measurement.
- Standard pickup range starts as low as 1 mA – high accuracy is attained at 25 mA.
- Multi-Gain™ metrology enables one meter to be used on both 5 A and 1 A secondary CTs.
- The meter should maintain high accuracy measurement throughout its installed life.
- The power quality meter meets ANSI C12.20 0.1 and IEC 62053-22 0.2S accuracy classes.
Advanced Energy Meter
Supports Primary Metering Load Requirements
- Full 4 quadrant metering, max/min recording with timestamp.
- Perpetual Time of Use.
- Transformer line loss compensation.
- Coincidental readings.
- Load aggregation/universal metering.
- Extensive logging with 8 logs of programmable historical profiles.
Power Quality Monitoring and Analysis
Save Money by Improving Reliability
- Certified to the highest international power quality standard – IEC 61000-4-30 Class A Ed. 3.
- Analyze power system health to reduce downtime.
- Collect power factor per circuit to correct worst scenarios.
- Monitor harmonics to assess the impact on equipment.
- Measure flicker and generate weekly EN 50160 power quality reports.
- Record waveforms at 1024 samples/cycle.
- Provides PQ reliability indices, including CBEMA and SEMI F47.
Advanced HTML5-based Web Server
Provides Waveform Analysis over the Internet
- Provides energy dashboard with real time voltage and current readings, detailed charts of energy usage over time, quadrant energy charts, and trending.
- Displays waveform event records and allows zoom and pan and overlay of voltage and current waveforms.
- Displays symmetrical components, phasor diagrams, flicker readings, status of high-speed digital inputs, and detailed information for accumulators and aggregators.
- Supplies meter and diagnostic information for meter health and status and enables firmware upgrade.
- Supports IEC 61850 file management.
Resilient Cyber Security™
Prevent Attacks on Your Power System Data
- Highly secure, 32 complex character passwords with 128-bit AES encryption.
- Password fail timeouts virtually eliminate brute-force hacking.
- An Admin and 10 customizable users.
- Four roles with customized user permissions.
- Sealing switch and physical seals prevent remote hacking or tampering.
Built-in CORE™ Log
Automatically Stores Meter Readings
- The power quality meter uniquely uses an internal SQL database that automatically logs metering parameters.
- 142 metering parameters are logged at regular intervals.
- The CORE™ log ensures that most metering parameters are already logged – the power quality meter provides data without a complex configuration process.
Advanced Communication and I/O
Six Standard, Simultaneous Communication Ports
- Up to 32 simultaneous protocol connections.
- 4 independent serial ports – 3 RS485 and 1 RS485/RS232 selectable.
- 2 independent Ethernet ports – RJ45 and Fiber Optic, with separate IP addresses, advanced port control, encrypted email on alarm, web server, and DHCP.
- Communication protocols include Modbus RTU, Modbus ASCII, Modbus TCP/IP, DNP3 Level 2, IEC 61850, IEC 61850 GOOSE, SMTP, SNTP.
- RS485 ports support RTU Master.
- 8 built-in digital status inputs, 2 standard pulse outputs.
- Multiple external I/O modules are available: digital and analog outputs, digital inputs, digital relay outputs, digital solid state pulse outputs.
- Up to 256 total points of I/O.
IEC 61850 Protocol Server
Supports Substation Automation
- IEC 61850 Edition 2.
- Either Ethernet port can be configured as an IEC 61850 protocol server.
- Up to 6 simultaneous MMS clients.
- Buffered and unbuffered reports.
- GOOSE messaging.
- Multiple pre-programmed logical nodes for power and energy values, power quality, and high-speed digital inputs.
- Web server supports downloading and uploading of CID files.
IEC 61850 GOOSE Messaging and Distributed Fault Recording
GOOSE Cross Trigger Support
- Unique distributed disturbance recording analysis improves substation reliability.
- Up to 16 user-programmed conditions to trigger system-wide waveform capture.
- Enables analysis of power quality events across the power system.
Direct Retrofit with Advanced Remote Displays
Replace Older Meters without Panel Modification or Recertification
- Transducer/remote display direct retrofit to older Nexus® 1252 meters makes installation cost effective.
- Remote displays retrofit to ANSI cutouts, so the power quality meter can be mounted in back of panel.
- P70N color touchscreen LCD display offers multiple pre-configured screens.
- P40N+ LED display can act as a master to P41N+ Ampere and P43N+ Power displays, providing 3 panel displays on one connection powered by the meter. This is ideal for substation and power plant applications.