Nexus® 1500+ Power Quality Meter with Phasor Measurement Unit
The Nexus® 1500+ power quality meter provides invaluable power quality analysis using the latest PQ standards to record electrical disturbances, improving power system reliability and reducing downtime costs. It is also a precision revenue meter that collects energy usage with high accuracy. It is a cyber secured power quality meter, featuring multiport communication and is easy to install into existing infrastructure.
Precision Revenue Metering
Creates Confidence in Energy Measurement
- Certified ANSI C12.20 0.1 Accuracy Class.
- 0.06% energy accuracy with Constant Calibration™ Architecture.
- Extensive load profiling, TOU, and line loss compensation.
- Multifunction metering, including current, volts, watts, and frequency.
- Vector/arithmetic sum for VA calculation.
Power Quality Analysis
Eliminating Disturbances and Outages Reduces Operating Costs
- Capture power quality events, including surges and sags, and record subcycle transients at 50 MHz resolution.
- Monitor voltage reliability to industry-accepted normative standards – IEC 61000-4-30 Class A Ed. 3 Certified.
- Provide power quality reliability indices, including CBEMA and SEMI F47.
- Quantify system reliability with power quality measurements, such as harmonics, flicker, unbalances, frequency, and power factor – IEC 61000-4-15 Class A Flicker Meter and IEC 61000-4-7 Class A Harmonics and Interharmonics analysis Certified power quality meter.
- Customize and view EN 50160 power quality compliance reports.
Phasor Measurement Unit (PMU)
Synchrophasor Measurements Improve Power System Stability
- Provide system operators with wide-area situational awareness through improved visibility into dynamic grid conditions.
- Determine stress points of the electric power system.
- Detect and aid in restoring an islanded section of the grid after a storm or major outage disturbance.
- Instantaneous measurements provide early warning detection alerts that SCADA systems miss.
- Provides built-in system wide PMU analysis for future implementation of big data analytics, artificial intelligence, and machine learning to proactively improve power systems and prevent outages.
PMU Captures Events SCADA Misses
- The PMU provides the following synchronized measurements:
- Individual voltage/current phasors (Va, Vb, Vc, Ia, Ib, Ic).
- Symmetrical components phasors (V0, V1, V2, I0, I1, I2).
- Frequency and Rate of Change of Frequency (ROCOF).
- Built-in digital inputs.
- Fundamental power: (watt total and per phase, VA total and per phase, VAR total and per phase).
- Displacement power factor: (total and per phase)
- Supports P (Fast Response) or M (Precise Measurement) classes, user selectable.
- Data frame rates for 50 Hz: 10/25/50 frames per second; for 60 Hz: 10/12/15/20/30/60 frames per second.
- Data format: Configurable float or integer, polar or rectangular.
- Time sync standard: IRIG-B or IEEE 1588 PTPv2.
- Number of sessions: up to 2 simultaneous clients.
- Supports Ethernet or Fiber over Ethernet: TCP communication for header, configuration, and command; UDP communication for data, including unicast, broadcast, and multicast.
Resilient Cyber Security™
A Cyber Secured Implementation Prevents Attacks on Your Power System Data
- 128-bit AES encrypted communication of sensitive data, including passwords, usernames, roles, and rights.
- 24-character complex passwords with password expiration.
- Digital firmware signature with 512-bit encryption and customizable keys.
- Eliminate brute force attacks with password fail timeouts.
- Customizable role-based authorization with eight configurable roles.
- Physical seals requiring physical access to the power quality meter make remote tampering impossible.
- Security lockout prevents security from being disabled.
6 Communication Ports Communicate with SCADA and Other Software Systems Simultaneously
- Communication protocols include Modbus ASCII/RTU/TCP, DNP3, IEC 61850, GOOSE messaging, IEEE C37.118 (PMU), SNMP, SMTP, SNTP, and IEEE 1588 PTPv2
- Up to 64 simultaneous protocol connections
- Built-in webserver to view and analyze real time data
- Two independent ethernet ports, with unique IP addressing, port control for security, DHCP, and email on alarm
- Two independent serial ports
- Front panel ANSI optical and USB ports
Provides Multiple Installation Options
- Can be mounted to panel either horizontally or vertically – allows for extra room on panel.
- Display screens can be rotated to support vertical installation.
- Internally mounted I/O reduces mounting footprint.