Shark® 250 Power and Energy Meter
The Shark® 250 advanced power and energy meter is designed for utility substation and critical industrial applications. Improve the reliability, efficiency, and sustainability of your facility with its high accuracy and power quality monitoring capability.
Precision Revenue Metering
- Certified ANSI C12.20 0.1 CL and IEC 62053-22 0.2S energy measurement accuracy.
- High precision frequency measurements (+/- 0.007 Hz) for frequency control applications.
- Energy test pulse for accuracy testing.
- Perpetual time of use with customizable rate structures to meet jurisdictional requirements.
- Transformer line loss and CT/PT compensation.
- Test Mode and energy presets.
- Pulse accumulators and totalizers.
- Up to eight pulse outputs and eight pulse inputs.
Prevent Tampering with Customizable Security Features
- For NERC CIP compliance.
- An admin and up to eight users.
- Encrypted, 30-character passwords.
- Role-based authorization.
- Password fail timeouts to eliminate brute force attacks.
- IP Whitelisting with Ethernet cards.
Power Quality Analysis
- Up to 512 samples/cycle waveform recording.
- Storage for up to 319 events in the power and energy meter.
- Waveform scope of real time voltage and current.
- Independent CBEMA or SEMI F47 log plotting with millisecond time stamp for accuracy.
- Harmonic recording to the 40th order.
- View and analyze electrical system power factor.
Real Time SCADA Communication Capability
Designed for Legacy and Advanced Smart Substation Applications
- Standard RS485 and front panel USB ports.
- Two optional simultaneous Ethernet ports with separate IP addresses, email on alarm, data push, and embedded web servers.
- Optional RS485/RS232 serial port.
- Modbus ASCII/RTU/TCP, Level 2 DNP3, and IEC 61850 protocols.
Perform Detailed Load Studies
- Six independently programmable historical logs for trending.
- Log 64+ parameters per log in the power and energy meter.
- Over 6 years of recording and storage for 4 parameters at 15-minute intervals.
- System Events anti-tampering log, I/O change log, and Limit/Alarm log.
Field Expandable I/O and Communication
Send Data to Multiple Applications
- Install up to two cards in meter’s option card slots.
- Four pulse outputs/four status inputs (PO1S).
- Two relay outputs/two status inputs (RO1S).
- Four channel, bi-directional 0-1mA outputs (1mAOS).
- Four channel 4-20 mA outputs (20mAOS).
- RS232/RS485 card (RS1S).
- 100BaseT Ethernet card (INP100S).
- IEC 61850 protocol Ethernet card (INP300S).
Rugged Design in a Power and Energy Meter
Designed for Harsh Environments
- Compliant with IEC 610186-1/2/3 (high reliability).
- Improved surge withstand capability.
- Intrinsically safe current connections.
- Direct power and energy meter replacement to analog or older electrical meters.
Power and Energy Meter Applications
- Utility Substation Metering.
- Distribution Automation.
- Alternative Energy.
- SCADA Substation Metering.
- Distributed Energy / Microgrid.